Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Library of Congress - more than just books and paper

Via BoingBoing: The Library of Congress is using Flickr and inviting everybody to help tag some of its photo collections.

I love seeing big places take this stuff up. Honestly, I'm still skeptical of its efficacy, but if they can generate a buzz, they might have their moment in the sun and get some stuff tagged.

----

Oh hai! I'm still here, in ur museum blogz. But mostly I'm my museum blog where I've recently instigated a flickr account. Funny how not needing to be obsessed for months on end with a single topic will slow down the posting rate...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn! I've been reading your blog for a couple of months now from my post as curatorial assistant at the Chemical Heritage Foundation in Philadelphia. I wanted to know if there is any possibility of getting our brand new blog up on your (fantastically useful) list? gnaglak AT chemheritage.org. Thank you! Gigi