Monday, December 03, 2007

Blog Alert

Missoula, Montana. I've been there. Stayed over one night while driving cross country. A couple of months ago I stumbled across a blog from Missoula. The blog of the Missoula Art Museum, as it happens. And it is titled: Fix. Get Yours. As in your art fix.

I've noticed that I pay more and more attention to this blog. It only occasionally references what's going on in the museum, but the way it's written and the topics it covers make me want to check out more of Missoula, specifically MAM, the next time I'm there. Why? Because it's engaging. The folks writing this blog seem really into what they're writing about. It's just kinda hip. It has an energy. And, since it's my main source of information about MAM, I think that maybe the museum has the same sort of energy and interest. A lot of blogs lack that energy and enthusiasm, or they lose it over time. So far Fix has maintained their enthusiasm since June. I hope they keep it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to visit Missoula, Montana. Something about it seems mysteriously romantic. I think it is the connection to the wild west combined with the big, bright blue sky. Maybe it is just all the pictures in magazines I've seen of celebrity's homes in the mountains. Thanks for pointing out the blog for MAM and other museums. What a great resource.