Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mmm mmmm mmmm mmotivation!

I've been sitting in front of my computer for, oh, quite a while now, completely failing to produce any material for my thesis. I've moved past the reading and into the writing now. I've a solid start into the Communications and Education sections, but that only amounts to about 7 written pages. I've about 1/3 to 2/3 of each section done and the further part of those sections outlined. There is no headway into the third section on Public Relations, but we must be content with what we have.

I also have random portions of an overarching history/introduction bit and of a definitions/history/intro to blogs and blogging bit.

I feel that I've read so much and I know so much at this point that it's all in me (except for the citations) and I could just talk about it for hours, but translating that into writing is proving more difficult, an unusual position for me.

Let's have some links:
Research on social networking sites via Fresh+New

Museum Blog without an RSS feed. No blog should be without a feed. Especially a blog for a first amendment museum, especially one on blogger where they'll do it for you.

The Henry Art Gallery on Myspace (museums on myspace are really interesting, but I'm not going to address it in my thesis. Someone should. Because anyone can say they're a museum, I think the Milwaukee Public Museum had a bit of a row over that.)

The Chazen Museum of Art on Facebook. You'll need an account to see it, I think. And, hey, I used to work in the giftshop there, back when it was the Elvehjem. Very nice museum, major expansion project underway.

Amy Barnes' Research Blog on the material culture of Red China. Graduate students, unite!

Take my survey and tell your friends!

And now I think I'll move from procrastination to flat out not working. Thank you for your attention.

1 comment:

The Attic said...

Thanks for the link to Cogs and Wheels Lynn. :) Good luck with all you're doing.