Monday, March 19, 2007

Stick a fork in me

I'm still not done.

But! BUT BUT BUT! I have a draft of my first half. It needs a lot of work. I probably need a lot more subtle and strong arguments, but I think my committee will help me to identify my weak spots (where I'm not already aware of them).

It's 26 pages with the 1.5 inch left hand margin required by the grad school and sans footnotes. Footnotes will be the next project, along with a read through/revision, and then it's getting emailed off to my committee. Because I do not have the drive with it to try and profoundly refine my writing at this moment. So it'll get a rest until my committee meeting.

In the meantime, I'll focus on the results of my survey, write up my methodology, write up the blog analysis for what I can manage. I'll also work on my blog spreadsheet. Basically, get a running start on the second half of things.

Feeling good. Except for the panic attack this afternoon reading someone else's related thesis and feeling like mine is all crap compared to it. But I'm not setting out to be revolutionary. I just want to say what I feel hasn't been said in depth, despite it's obviousness. Validate me.

No comments: