Saturday, April 14, 2007

MW2007: Days 2

Since the wireless in my hostel is sketchy, day 2 is late.

Again, there's no need to really go over the sessions, since they're all around this part of the internet. I went to the Birds of a Feather breakfast where I had a nice talk with some folks from University Museums. After that I ran to the IMLS session.

Following the IMLS dooley was Radical Trust: The State of the Museum Blogosphere. It was very cool. The gathering in the room was massive. I'm not sure what to say about it, but it was very cool that they took the time to update their numbers from their published ones. Their powerpoint is available online. I was tickled to pieces to see a screencap of this site, with it's terrible long title, in one of the slides. I was as giddy as a schoolgirl. I suppose I am yet a school girl, so it wasn't entirely inappropriate.

Afterwards I went along to the Bloggers meet up where I got to hang out with some of the heppest cats in the museum blogosphere. I sat next to Erin82 of the Hankblog (who I go to school with but is still a hep cat), Leslie, Geoff, and Nate, as well as Pilar, Trisha, and Witt, who may or may not have blogs that I haven't linked to. Sorry folks, it's late.

2007April9 - San Francisco.1 020

2007April9 - San Francisco.1 021

The lunch was fun, and it was really great to put faces to blogs. I can't imagine what a meet-up like this might look like next year.

After that I went to a coupla sessions and the best of the web awards. I don't have anything to say about those, so I won't.

The reception for Day 2 was held at the Exploratorium! SCIENCE! I suppose these things are for networking, but I grabbed some food and my pal Larissa and I headed out to play with SCIENCE!

I don't know what these are, but they were purdy!
2007April9 - San Francisco.1 034

Personally, I found the theremin most exciting.
2007April9 - San Francisco.1 048

Although I had to take a picture of this and tell it that "I am not a number" (3 points for knowing this reference).
2007April9 - San Francisco.1 052

And there was more, but that's enough for here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Lynn. Congrats again on having the most famous thesis I know.

Anonymous said...

I just received a link to your blog through my Google Alerts! I knew it would happen eventually. It was fantastic to meet you and the rest of the U of W crew at the conference. Best of luck with that whole graduation thing and you know who to call if you find yourself in Toronto...